Wednesday, April 16, 2008

meandyou

it was only recently that i realised what
expressing myself really meant
when someone who said they’d never been able
to express themselves
told me how brave i was to do so

i didn’t think it was brave it was just what did
do
but i thought
and yes
we are brave
we are brave
we are braaaaaaaaave!

It takes GUTS to
pick out a piece of ourselves
because our emotions
our stories
our memories
are ourselves
and lay them out and say
Here Is Me
Take It And Do What You Will
And Step Away
And Watch As They Take Us
And Make Us
Part Of Them

making art really
is not about me
i mean it’s all about me but it’s not about
me
you know?
it’s about you

me

you
and
me

youandme

we
are brave
it takes GUTS
to take someone else and make them a part of ourselves
to take them in
their stories
their memories
them
take ourselves aside
and put someone else in there
listen
hear
watch
move
touch
see
taste
drink in someone else and
replace me
with you
to be

meandyou
us

No comments:

One Poem and One Day At A Time

Everything posted in this blog is © Benjamin Kibblewhite, 2006-2010. All Rights Reserved. Do not use or reproduce without explicit prior written permission.