Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Frothing Milk At 10 In The Evening

A swirling vortex
Such a cliche image
But I can see how so many people
Describe themselves with it                     no, their futures
It's a thrilling image
And the despair
The ever exciting despair
That goes along with it
Is part and parcel of the human condition

Still though
I don't feel despair
But I do feel excited
Because I know that vortex
Is frothing my milk
And turning something ordinary             everyday
Into something extraordinary

And
Really
I think we all just need
A bit more of the extraordinary
In our lives
Don't you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute. A little long for the subject matter, but cute.

One Poem and One Day At A Time

Everything posted in this blog is © Benjamin Kibblewhite, 2006-2010. All Rights Reserved. Do not use or reproduce without explicit prior written permission.