Monday, January 29, 2007

Let the sparrow out of it's wicker basket

And show it the stage

Just like a little bird
I hop
And sing
Quietly
Breathing short
shallow breaths
and breathing a lot
But then I fly away
When my branch is shaken
Taking flight
And not looking back;
not with my eyes, anyway.

I wish I were more
Like a classic tenor
Full of power
And might
Balanced with delicacy of thought
and of feeling
Filling the space around me
With whatever I want
And standing my ground
Connected with the earth
With my eyes wide open
Taking a breath only occasionally
But when I do,
I breath in the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally know how you feel i think. Singing has it's own pressures and freedoms... try being a low bass and thin as anything. I'm pretty far from the "classic" image.

shallow breaths
and breathing a lot

should probably be "and breathe a lot" or something - right now it's unfinished after that (the sentence)..

I like.

One Poem and One Day At A Time

Everything posted in this blog is © Benjamin Kibblewhite, 2006-2010. All Rights Reserved. Do not use or reproduce without explicit prior written permission.